Re: [at-l] portable water

This is vital for spots like Blood Mountain, where the only water is a half
mile away, straight down! The bigger bladders do carry a weight penalty. I
carry 2-3 2 liter Platypus bladders, usually only keeping 1 filled for
hiking, but fill the rest shortly before stopping for the night. They tie
onto the pack easily, and don't require a handle or extra bag. Now, I have
used mesh "dirty clothes bags" to hold water bladders and food, as you can
see the contents very quickly, and leaks are quickly detected.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA