Re: [pct-l] Kerosene vs white gas vs propane

At 8:31 AM -0700 11/23/98, Montedodge@aol.com wrote:
> Just read this in an eathquake prepareness link talking about lighting your
>home. Stove fumes are bad news in even vented tents. White gas (or Coleman
>fuel) spits out carbon monoixcide while Kerosene only kicks out carbon
>dioxcide as does propane which is less deadly. Chalk up one for Kerosene use.

	Please check again. Burning propane produces QUITE A BIT of
	carbon monoxide- it is one of the prime combustion elements.
	ALL my propane cylinders clearly warn against using it w/o
	ventilation and to the fact it will produce CO! So therefore
	propane is not "less deadly".

	--Rich Calliger