[pct-l] socks and liners

I thought the main purpose of liner socks was to absorb the inevitable
friction that occurs during hiking.  The main sock move harmlessly over the
liner instead of rubbing blisters,  theoretically and usually correct.  With
only  one layer of sock,  no matter how good or technologically advanced,
there will be more friction and blisters.   I think a thin liner is a requsite
even in jogging shoes and ultra light boots.

Walking on,  without blisters,   a hot spot now and again.

David Craft
Greensboro,  NC