[pct-l] Socks

3.  My last and stupidest question.  I am sitting here thinking of all
the latest in sock technology and i am wondering why do i still need a
liner sock?  Aren't there socks out there that eliminate the need for
them?

I used Thorlo's with liners for the first third of my AT thru hike and while
they were okay they did have some drawbacks.  The worst part was that since
my feet tend to sweat a lot the socks especially the Thorlo and not the
liner became full of salts and sweat.  This made the sock hard and "brittle"
instead of soft and plushy.  Especially after the 3rd day out without
changing them.

I switched to Smartwool's Expedition and never looked back.  The 2 biggest
pluses are 1 that you don't need a liner because the lining is already very
plush on the inside of the sock.  Stick your hand inside and compare.  The
other big plus is that it absorbs sweat extremely well and the sock
continues to stay soft and provide cushioning unlike the Thorlo's.

Bad thing is that they are EXPENSIVE.

Switch to Smartwools,
Fire Marshal