[pct-l] Re: socks

I agree with Florida Tim about the Wigwam Ultimax. I also prefer the
thinner of the two types of Ultimax socks. I do like a liner sock though.
They dry much quicker than wool and are very easy to wash out during your
hike, even without soap. If you carry 3 sets of liners you can change only
them throughout the day and make your feet really happy. My preference is a
liner sock made of thermax, I think they are Wigwam Thermax liners. The
thinner polypro liners will wear holes eventually. Now, the final reason I
like this setup is that you cannot wear either of these socks out! I walked
all the way from Mexico to Canada last year on only 2 sets. In fact I'm
wearing one of the sets right now at the office. If you don't want to worry
about socks on your thru hike next year check these out!

Mark Dixon