[pct-l] Re: [at-l] Why do I hike?

All of the following.......

"I go to nature to be soothed and healed,
and have my senses put in tune once more"
                        John Burroughs

here is a place where the sidewalk ends
                      And before the street begins,
                And there the grass grows soft and white,
                 And there the sun burns crimson bright,
              And there the moon-bird rests from his flight
                     To cool in the peppermint wind.

           Let us leave this place where the smoke blows black
                  And the dark street winds and bends.
                Past the pits where the asphalt flowers go
          We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
               And watch where the chalk-white arrows go
                  To the place where the sidewalk ends.

          Yes we'll walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
              And we'll go where the chalk-white arrows go,
         For the children, they mark, and the children, they know
                   The place where the sidewalk ends.
                                                          Shel Silverstein

"The end of the human race will be that it will
eventually die of civilization."
                            – Ralph Waldo Emerson

" We take these risks not to escape from life
but to prevent life from escaping us... "unknown

"I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely
miserable ... but through it all I still know quite
certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing."
                               – Agatha Christie

"Montani Semper Liberi"

I like trees because they seem more resigned to the way they have to live
than other things do.       Willa Cather