Re: [pct-l] trail food, making and drying 2 sauses

--On Thursday, November 12, 1998, 7:48 AM +0000 "Margo J. Chisholm"
<margo@tothesummit.com> wrote:

> Thanks Joanne.
>
> As a new long distance hiker, I'm looking for ideas about food. I'd
> welcome any suggestions for recipes, websites, books, etc. that anyone
> has. The calories discussions have been great. Now let's get specific.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Namaste, m   (alias the HikerCoach)
>
> --
> Margo Chisholm

Margo,

Do you have a food dehydrator?  If so, I could recommend some vegetable
meals to dry and a few recipes to go with them.  Unfortunately, I haven't
taken the time to figure out their caloric value.  Two or three of these
meals I regularly take backpacking.  The recipes are written for two _large_
servings.

Craig Smith