[pct-l] Tarps

I have been reading about the use of tarps instead of tents. Tarps sound
more practical in wet weather, but being eaten
alive in some areas of the Sierras is not to attractive. Does this intai
the use of lots of DEET, or netting over you bag?
I have read through some of the archives and a David Sinnett mentioned
using bungie code instead of cord or rope.
Anyone try using bungie cord for the corners of a tarp?
I tried to e-Mail David, but the message was return undeliverable.

I will probable ask some very rudimetary questions but with so much to
choose from now, I have been out of this for some time ,  I figure the only
really dumb question is the one not asked.

Thanks,
Dave