Re: [pct-l] Hunger

Tom Rogers wrote:

> Sly wrote:
>
> > Jim offers solid advice,  I'd just like to know how to curb my appetite nearly
> > two months off the trail.
> >
> > I hear the fridge calling,  Sly
> >
> And I thought it was only me... I finished a 5 week section hike
> September 25 and have suffered hand to mouth disease ever since.  I've
> gained back every pound I lost on the trail, and then some.  Trying to
> compensate with physical activity is futile; just doesn't come close to
> energy expended on the trail.  I'm actually considering dieting for a
> few weeks to break the cycle.
> Happy trails, Tom

Tom -
Weight is an interesting subject with respect to long distance hiking.
Most men lose a lot of it - and most women lose little or noe (some even
gain a few pounds).  But the women get their revenge --- because the men
usually regain all their weight loss and often more.

You're not alone.

Walk softly,
Jim