Re: [pct-l] Calorie Content

Tom,

Don't forget some of the variables other than miles, one big one being
weather/temperature.  Staying warm on a cold day/night burns quite a few
additional calories.  Also, expect your trail appetite to "kick in" at some
point.  For me, it was around the third week, but I've heard people talk about
that jump as early as a few days (typically if you start in excellent physical
shape) to as late as 6 weeks.

David Ferguson
PCT '97