[CDT-L] Re: Where the Waters Divide

Folks, this *is* a good book. It seems to give more of an
"impressionistic" view of the CDT overall, than Perns' did. Two
different narratives, I think, because of the nature of the
relative experiences - Pern was solo, I think somewhat of an
"outsider" because of that and being from another country (and
possibly more introvertive in his narrative, also because of
that), where Ms. Berger traveled at least in the company of one
other (and very frequently with more), as well as being perhaps a
little more adapted to the Americas, as it were. I guess it seems
that Pern delves deeper into his personal experiences, where
Ms.Berger gives a better idea of the scope of the planning and
problems, and a feel for the trip overall - from planning to
completion. I'm intrigued by the challenge of dealing with
not-so-accurate guide books, unmarked trail, and other factors
which will make self-reliance a prerequisite needed to complete
this Trail. On the other hand, I don't look forward at all to the
"bear-acracy" of National Park system camping permits and
seemingly dunderheaded "officials" who are in charge of them :-)
I put the book down upon reaching the Appendix, to let the
overall tone of it sink in before reading some of the nitty
gritty - I'll take my time with that while I wait to receive
another CDT tale...

Recommendations?

Kurt