Re: [CDT-L] List discussion

   My experience with the Zip Stove on my Appalachian Trail thru-hike was less
than positive.  In short ... it was simply too labor intensive. Generally by
the time I had gathered and ignited enough dry material to cook a meal, the
white-gas stove owners in whatever shelter I was in were already eating!  The
fan motor finally quit after a week, so I took that opportunity to "go gas".
My Whisperlite Internationale functioned flawlessly for the rest of the hike,
as well as in the four years since.
   I did however meet two other thru hikers towards the end of the hike that
had used the Zip for the entire six months and still loved it!    Different
strokes ...
Blaze