AT Hike

Hi, I am the Network Manager for the Department of Biology at UNC and I
am in also working on hiking the AT trail in sections.  This past July a
group of us hiked from Roan Mountain to Damascus VA and are planning a 7
day hike over Christmas this year.  I am working on a personal home page
with some pictures from the trip and if you have Netwcape use the
following URL:

   http://sunsite.unc.edu/unc-biology/uernie/personal.html

I am working on hiking the whole AT, but since I can not take off the 5
or 6 months it takes to hike the trail, I am interested in others who
have hiked the trail in segments and any advice they can give me.  I have
planned to try and hike two weeks a year, and expect that it will take 10
to 12 years to finish the trail.

Ernie Patterson
Biology Department
230 Wilson Hall CB#3280